Saturday, March 10, 2012

A short introduction


An interior designer...I was not always one. 
Here is my story in a nutshell…

Believe it or not I am a software engineer. Studied 5 years to get my degree and 5 more years working as one.
Don't get me wrong, I loved every second of it but then I became a mom and still wanted to feel as an adult. So I took a few course in interior design and then I took it to the next level and made a profession out of it.
I was doing this and then saved a life. which made me founding a non-profit to promote CPR education (check it out when you get the chance www.becpr.org it's a whole different story) but even the greater good could not keep me away for my passion for interior design.
So here I am Saturday night writing about it.

Every Interior Designer has a philosophy. Mine is pretty simple. 
I know we have a budget so I try to stay on it. I try to utilize what people have and not start from scratch (furniture, art, etc.). I will be lying if I say I'm not tempted, and it's not that I don't get new things but I do remember we each have the things we love and collected over the years... So I try and make them work at the room I design.

So this is me.
In this blog I will try and share with you my thought on designs, try and give advise, and always... love to hear from you.
Till next time…
Tali

No comments:

Post a Comment